Experienced IOS Developer
We are a rapid growth start-up working on an exciting social mobile project.
We are looking for top developers to help us make our app all it can be.
We're bringing our previously out-sourced mobile development in-house so we need someone who knows, for example, how to handle differences in versions of the platform and the devices it may be running on and so on.
Specifically, right now we are seeking developers with experience in native mobile development - iOS *and* Android would be preferable, just iOS acceptable, but it's important that you know what you're doing as we're a young company but growing quickly and moving fast all the time so we need someone who can hit the ground running.
- Native iOS development skills and experience - to an extent a little experience can be substituted for just being some kind of latent super-genius, so if you're that, get in touch too...
- Understanding that development priorities can change quickly in line with business reasons
- Ability to time manage and deliver on time
- Willingness to be involved in an exciting, fast growth start-up where things can move and change quickly and sometimes, just sometimes, a quick fix is good enough for now
- Willingness to suggest solutions to problems
- Able to join us in our Newcastle upon Tyne city centre office
- Sense of humour, or at least a resilience to relentless sarcasm
- We've said native a few times but just to be clear, even if you're a crack-shot with PhoneGap, Titanium, Trigger.io etc, but Objective-C is a completely mystery, that's not quite what we're after
Desirable but not a 'must':
- Android development experience, again with some knowledge of SDK version differences and the breadth of devices available, and the differences in working across them - we have an Android version in the works and it would be great if you can diversify - failing that, a generally skilled dev who is already iOS-experienced who has a willingness to learn this other platform until we have others dedicated to that role would be very useful
- A decent aesthetic sense - you don't need to be a designer, but an eye for detail and the ability to say "that doesn't look right" goes a long way
- Experience with Testflight for deploying development versions of apps
- Experience with apps to the various distribution channels
Negotiable based on experience but it shouldn't disappoint.
This is a permanent, full-time role but if you are looking to work part-time and you
think you can convince us to consider you, please apply.
In the first instance please send a CV and a covering letter to
No agencies, no outsourcing companies. We really mean it!